Give a gift to general fund for Landscape Architecture
Give a gift to general fund for Urban and Regional Planning
Support the Department
Our department seeks to provide a learning environment that promotes excellence in research, teaching, outreach, service, and professional practice in urban and regional planning. The Department encourages the discovery, critical examination, and acquisition of knowledge and skills to foster sustainable natural and built environments, promote economic opportunity and social justice, and improve the quality of life within communities in Wisconsin and beyond. Thank you to the many alumni and friends who have generously supported URPL and Landscape Architecture through the years. Your gifts are increasingly vital to supporting the department and the education of future planners.
How to Make a Gift
If you wish to contribute financially to the Department, you may do so in several ways. First, you may donate online by clicking this link to the University of Wisconsin Foundation. It will take you to the website of the University of Wisconsin Foundation and a form with the information necessary to direct your gift to our department. In the text box where it says "Department of Urban and Regional Planning (12830121)," you can add (by copying and pasting the name) a more specific gift destination from the following, if you like:
- Jerome Kaufman Scholarship Fund - in memory of Emeritus Professor Jerry Kaufman
- Born Environmental Stewardship Fund - in honor of Emeritus Professor Stephen Born
- Richard B. Andrews Scholarship Fund - in memory of Emeritus Professor Richard Andrews
- Jack R. Huddleston Award Fund - in honor of Emeritus Professor Jack Huddleston
- Jessica Bullen Memorial Fund - in memory of 2005 URPL graduate Jessica L. Bullen
- Kevin Tyjeski Memorial Fund - in memory of 1984 URPL graduate Kevin Tyjeski
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning Fund - supports a wide variety of departmental activities and programs, including: 1) the Wisconsin Student Planning Association (WSPA), 2) graduate student travel to professional meetings, 3) publication of Connections newsletter.
- Department of Landscape Architecture Fund - supports general student and program needs in landscape architecture (student travel, ASLA student chapter, professional development needs, and more).
- Shawn Kelly Landscape Architecture Fund - Established in 2018 to support and recognize student work in the tradition of Distinguished Faculty Associate Shawn Kelly.
- Earth Partnership for Schools Fund - supports the needs and mission of the Earth Partnership Program.
You may also make a donation by check. Please make your check payable to the University of Wisconsin Foundation/Dept. of Planning & Landscape Architecture, and send it to the University of Wisconsin Foundation, US Bank Lockbox, P.O. Box 78807, Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807. Please indicate if you wish your gift to go to one of the specific funds described below. Note: the UW Foundation’s bank is in Milwaukee; your contribution will be correctly routed to the UW-Madison Department of Urban & Regional Planning.
For more information on making a gift of securities or including the Department of Urban & Regional Planning in your estate plans, please contact:
University of Wisconsin Foundation
1848 University Avenue, PO Box 8860
Madison, WI 53708-8860
Information About Selected Department Funds
Urban & Regional Planning Fund. This fund supports all aspects of the Department’s work including supporting student field trips, student conference support, bringing in distinguished speakers, publication of Connections (the Department’s newsletter), and many other activities consistent with the mission of the Department.
Born Environmental Stewardship Fund. This fund, established in honor of Emeritus Professor Stephen Born, is used to support graduate students in Urban and Regional Planning and Environmental Studies doing work related to water and environmental planning and policy scholarly activity, and participating in civic engagement with conservation organizations in Wisconsin, the United States and internationally.
Jerome Kaufman Scholarship Fund. This fund was established by the Department in honor of Emeritus Professor Jerry Kaufman upon his retirement. The fund is intended to support scholarships for graduate student study in urban and regional planning in issues related to older American cities, food systems, and social justice and equity.