The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture seeks to provide a learning environment that promotes excellence in research, teaching, outreach, service, and professional practice in urban and regional planning. We encourage the discovery, critical examination, and acquisition of knowledge and skills to foster sustainable natural and built environments, promote economic opportunity and social justice, and improve the quality of life within communities in Wisconsin and beyond. Thank you to the many alumni and friends who have generously supported us through the years. Your gifts are increasingly vital to supporting the department and the education of future planners and landscape architects.
How to Make a Gift
If you wish to contribute financially to the Department, you may do so in several ways: online, via phone call, or by sending a check.
You may donate online by clicking this link to the University of Wisconsin Foundation. That will take you to the website of the University of Wisconsin Foundation and a form with the information necessary to direct your gift to our department. When you arrive at that page, the default setting under “Fund Name” is set to the department’s general fund.
If you prefer to direct your gift to a different fund within the department, you should enter the fund name and number in that text box. If you like, you can copy and past the fund name and number from the list below. Please contact the department or UW Foundation if you have any questions about this process.
Here is the list of fund names and numbers:
- Arne Alanen and Lynn Bjorkman Fund (132524332) – supports student work in Cultural Landscape Preservation
- William and Betsy Tishler Fund (132520000) – supports the Tishler lecture series in the landscape architecture program
- Jerome Kaufman Scholarship Fund (132833362) – in memory of Emeritus Professor Jerry Kaufman
- Born Environmental Stewardship Fund (132834111) – in honor of Emeritus Professor Stephen Born
- Richard B. Andrews Scholarship Fund (132831623) – in memory of Emeritus Professor Richard Andrews
- Jack R. Huddleston Award Fund (132830121) – in honor of Emeritus Professor Jack Huddleston
- Jessica Bullen Memorial Fund (132837329) – in memory of 2005 URPL graduate Jessica L. Bullen
- Kevin Tyjeski Memorial Fund (132830121) – in memory of 1984 URPL graduate Kevin Tyjeski
- Roger and Rose Mary Rupnow Fund (132832735) – in support of urban and regional planning education at UW-Madison
- Planning and Landscape Architecture Fund (112540141) – supports a wide variety of departmental activities and programs, including: student organizations (Wisconsin Student Planning Association and American Society of Landscape Architects Student Chapter), student travel to professional meetings and conferences, professional development needs, publication of the department newsletter, and much more.
- Shawn Kelly Landscape Architecture Fund (132540067) – Established in 2018 to support and recognize student work in the tradition of Distinguished Faculty Associate Shawn Kelly.
- Earth Partnership for Schools Fund (132093686) – supports the needs and mission of the Earth Partnership Program.
- Farm2Facts Fund (112540105) – supports the needs and mission of the Farm2Facts Program, conducted through the Kaufman Lab.
Giving By check
You may also make a donation by check. Please make your check payable to the University of Wisconsin Foundation/Dept. of Planning & Landscape Architecture, and send it to the University of Wisconsin Foundation, US Bank Lockbox, P.O. Box 78807, Milwaukee, WI 53278-0807. Please indicate if you wish your gift to go to one of the specific funds described below. Note: the UW Foundation’s bank is in Milwaukee; your contribution will be correctly routed to the UW-Madison Department of Urban & Regional Planning.
Giving By Phone
If you prefer to give by phone or need assistance, please contact the UW Foundation at 1-800-443-6162 during normal business hours. You may also request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
For more information on making a gift of securities or including the Department of Urban & Regional Planning in your estate plans, please contact:
University of Wisconsin Foundation
1848 University Avenue, PO Box 8860
Madison, WI 53708-8860
Information About Selected Department Funds
Planning and Landscape Architecture Fund. This fund supports all aspects of the Department’s work including supporting student field trips, student conference support, bringing in distinguished speakers, publication of the Department’s newsletter, and many other activities consistent with the mission of the Department.
Born Environmental Stewardship Fund. This fund, established in honor of Emeritus Professor Stephen Born, is used to support graduate students in Urban and Regional Planning and Environmental Studies doing work related to water and environmental planning and policy scholarly activity, and participating in civic engagement with conservation organizations in Wisconsin, the United States and internationally.
Jerome Kaufman Scholarship Fund. This fund was established by the Department in honor of Emeritus Professor Jerry Kaufman upon his retirement. The fund is intended to support scholarships for graduate student study in urban and regional planning in issues related to older American cities, food systems, and social justice and equity.