- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
39th Annual Jensen-Longenecker Awards Banquet April 20, 2018 at the At&T Lounge of the Pyle Center!
(more details will soon follow)
SmithGroupJJR has earned an award from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects for their work as lead landscape architect of Alumni Park!
SmithGroupJJR served as the lead landscape architect for space, also working closely with the…READ MORE
Th next presentation for the…READ MORE
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture would like to congratulate Logan Dredske (second year MS URPL student) who won second place in the 2018 American Planning Association Transportation Planning Division Student Paper Competition! Each year the…READ MORE
It is time for the annual department Career Fair! This Thursday and Friday (2/22 and 2/23) several firms will be conducting interviews for students! Students from both programs are welcome to attend. A sign-up sheet for scheduling interviews is located in the Studio (…READ MORE