- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture, with absolute sadness, report that one of our Landscape Architecture graduate students had passed away on the morning of November 28 from liver failure due to colorectal cancer. He was an incredible and beloved son,…READ MORE
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture's 2017 workshop cohort of 10 MS urban planning students was featured in The Sauk Prairie Eagle detailing their recommendations to the rural Sauk County communities of Prairie du Sac and Sauk City. The results of a…READ MORE
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture would like to invite you to our Spring 2018 Lecture Series! Once a month come join the DPLA in attending a lecture by featured speaker. Lectures will take place on Fridays, from 12:00PM-1:15PM in Room 208 in Old Music…READ MORE
It is our pleasure to announce that our Second-year MS URPL students have completed their final work product for the Fall 2017. Both the…READ MORE
Jury Week Assignments have been created! Below you can find the schedule of class presentations from our undergraduates. Please check out the projects our undergraduate students have been working on during the semester, including creating a pollinator plan for Dane…READ MORE
The LA 462 Regional Design class would like to invite you to attend their poster exhibit open-house from 9:30-11:00 Am Tuesday, December 12, 2017 in rooms 14 and 25 of Agricultural Hall.
This semester the students tackled the creation of regional pollinator plan…READ MORE