- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
The semester may be coming to a close, but the URPL trophy tradition continues! This week we are excited to highlight URPL grad student, Kayla Wandsnider. The Wisconsin native shares a bit about her interests in urban and regional planning, her post-graduation plans, and…READ MORE
PLA Represented in Pennsylvania
Penn State hosted its sixth annual Rural Studies Student Conference this past Thursday and Friday. URPL's own, Professor Alfonso Morales, was one of two keynote speakers to give a talk preceding the conference titled, "Insurgent…READ MORE
After a month long break, the URPL trophy tradition is back! This week we put a festive twist on our Q + A with New York native, Daniel Zhou. Read about Daniel's post-graduation goals, pocky addiction, and more below!
Sitting behind the office door, labeled 15A in Ag Hall, is PLA's newest department addition - Whelan Callahan. The current undergraduate studying computer science, shares a little about his interests, both academically and personally in the Q + A below!