- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture, with absolute sadness, report that one of our Landscape Architecture graduate students had passed away on the morning of November 28 from liver failure due to colorectal cancer. He was an incredible and beloved son,…READ MORE
It is time for the annual department Career Fair! This Thursday and Friday (2/22 and 2/23) several firms will be conducting interviews for students! Students from both programs are welcome to attend. A sign-up sheet for scheduling interviews is located in the Studio (…READ MORE
The second lecture for the…READ MORE
The Wisconsin Land Information Association is looking for student volunteers to attend and assist with the Wisconsin Land Information Association’s 2018 Annual Conference, which is being held March 7-9 at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, WI. Students volunteering for…READ MORE
Locked Out: How sweeping changes to Wisconsin landlord-tenant laws affect vulnerable populations
Changes to landlord-tenant state laws over the last several years have made it easier for landlords to evict tenants. Several Madison residents are…READ MORE
On Monday, February 12 at 4pm, the Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is hosting a…READ MORE