- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
In her article, Kim discusses that even with the fiscal stress and economic changes that local governments face, they still are able to provide services that everybody needs. Local governments still have an active role in everyday lives. You can find her article…READ MORE
Please see attached for…READ MORE
Menomonee Valley Partners, the City of Milwaukee and UWM's School of Architecture and Urban Planning's Community Design Solutions shared the results of a charette that considered potential uses of more than 40 acres of land in the Valley. Six area architectural firms…READ MORE
Landscape Architecture - Jules West - is featured in two news stories. Check out these links to hear about his senior capstone project for the riverfront in Wausau, Wisconsin.
DPLA student Jules West is working toward a bachelor of science in landscape…READ MORE
Please join the Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture on Friday, April 27, from noon - 1:00pm in Music Hall room 208 as part of their…READ MORE
The upcoming Spotlight Series event will feature Dr. Revel Sims as the lecturer for the Wisconsin Union Directorate Distinguished Lecture Series.
Dr. Sims is an assistant professor in UW’s Department of Urban and Regional Planning and Chican@ and Latin@…