- PLA is home to undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
- Introducing students to the field of landscape studies and provides specialties in restoration ecology, environmental planning, or cultural and historic landscapes.
- Training students to become licensed landscape architects. This is a professional degree program accredited by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- This Master of Science degree emphasizes conducting original research in the form of a thesis or creating evidence-based design solutions to complex landscape problems.
- This Master of Science degree prepares students for professional positions in government, non-profit and community organizations, and the private sector, to be leaders in shaping communities.
- This Doctor of Philosophy degree is a research degree and is intended to appeal to individuals from diverse planning backgrounds.
The Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture is committed to establishing and maintaining a supportive climate of inclusion, diversity, and collegiality among our interactions and through our actions and policies. We envision a department in which all individuals are engaged in a vibrant learning community, where ideas, experiences, and perspectives are supported, nurtured, and developed to their highest levels.
Get to Know PLA
Gaining momentum in the Department of Planning and Landscape Architecture!
Greetings friends and alumni! We’ve been thinking about you over the past year-plus as we gain momentum in our new combined Department of Planning and…READ MORE
Keep in Touch with New Tools from UW Alumni Association!
We want to hear from you, and the UW Alumni Association has new online tools make this even easier. Please consider the using these new tools to help us stay in touch with you…READ MORE