Each year, the Urban and Regional Planning program offers a planning workshop to provide graduate students with training in planning practice. The planning workshop also serves an outreach function by connecting communities across Wisconsin with the resources of the University for addressing applied planning problems.
Fall 2017: Water Street Corridor
Second year MS URPL students have announced the completion of their final work product for Fall 2017. Both the presentation and the final report were well-received by local and regional stakeholder groups of the Sauk City and Prairie-du-Sac to revitalize the Water Street Corridor.
Fall 2016: City of Monona
Fall 2014: Marathon County
Fall 2013: Freeport, IL Revitalization Project
Fall 2012: Renewable Energy Economic Opportunity Assessment
Fall 2011: Assessing the Renewable Energy Opportunity in Southwest Wisconsin
- Renewable Energy Opportunity Plan for Southwest Badger Resource, Conservation and Development Council, Inc. (SW Badger), Southwestern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SWWRPC), and UW Extension with Lafayette County. For more information, please the attached report and final presentation.
Fall 2010: Wisconsin Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan
- This workshop had four teams working on elements of the 2011–2016 Wisconsin Statewide Comprehensive Recreation Plan (WiscSCORP). For more information, see our Fall 2010 Planning Workshop Webpage.
Fall 2009: Sustainable Madison Community
- Final Report
- Learn what other communities around the country are doing about sustainability: Slideshow
Fall 2008: Madison, Wisconsin: Northeast Neighborhood Development Plan
- Burke Station
- Reiner–Felland Neighborhood
Fall 2007: Jefferson County Farmland Preservation Report (led by Professor Kurt Paulsen)
Fall 2006: Village of Norwalk, Strategic Action Plan
The 2005 Fall Workshop included two separate projects – one dealing with open space and land use planning in Jefferson County and the other dealing with recreation planning in Superior. Follow the links below to read more about each individual project.
- Jefferson County
- Parks, Recreation and Open Space Planning in Jefferson County: Socio-economic and Physical Design Elements
- Recreation Planning for Whiteside Island and the Superior Municipal Forest: An Assessment of Economic and Fiscal Impacts