Feb. 20-21, 2020
711 State Street, Suite 300 (3rd floor above the UW Bookstore)
Step 3: Go to success works for firm presentations & interviews.
Career Fair Schedule
Thursday, Feb. 20
Noon – throughout the afternoon: Firm Presentations, 15-20 min. each (presentations in the Community Room at SuccessWorks)
1:30pm – 4pm* – Candidate Interviews – schedule in Handshake, interviews held at SuccessWorks
5:00pm 6:15pm – Happy Hour at The Sett, Union South (overlapping with the Wisconsin ASLA annual conference at Union South)
Friday, Feb. 21
8am – 4pm* – Candidate Interviews- schedule in Handshake, interviews held at SuccessWorks
*Last Interview scheduled for 4pm both days
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Students can access Handshake through MyUW by searching “Handshake” or via wisc.joinhandshake.com and using their UW Net ID and password to login.
All a student’s information (graduation date, major, gpa, year in school) are automatically loaded into Handshake through the Office of the Registrar. Any concerns about this information should be handled through the Office of the Registrar
– Fill out your profile as much as you can and upload your most recent resume
– Search for jobs and internships by utilizing a key word search and 1-2 filters
– Handshake will filter relevant jobs and internships to the top of the page based on your profile information and the other postings you click on. The more you use Handshake, the better it works.
– Not finding any interesting job or internship postings? Try searching for employers in your desired industry. Navigate to Jobs>Employers and use the filters to search for relevant employers
– Track all your applications, and their status, right on Handshake! All your applications can be found in Jobs>Applications.
Handshake + Landscape Architecture Career Fair
All companies that are participating in on-campus interviews will conduct sign-ups through Handshake. Interested students can search for companies that are hosting interviews by navigating to Jobs > On-Campus Interviews and searching for “PLA Career Fair”.
Below are the steps to sign-up for an on-campus interview:
1. Click into the on-campus interview and apply to the job that is attached by submitting your resume
2. Select an interview slot. This may happen immediately after applying or students may have to wait to be selected to interview. Students will receive an email from Handshake when they can sign-up for an interview
Any questions or concerns about utilizing Handshake can be directed to Nate Doolin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Janine Yeh (email@example.com)