JOB SUMMARY: Applies demonstrated knowledge in demographic, economic, and other complex datasets to support agency activities including socioeconomic forecasting and modeling, land use monitoring, and routine community data and performance indicator tracking and reporting. Leads medium- to large-scale projects. Work is performed under the limited supervision from the Principal.
- Oversees development and maintenance of tools, techniques, and inventories utilized in agency long-range socioeconomic forecasting efforts, including regional demographic and economic projections as well as disaggregated projections at a localized scale using the UrbanSim land use model.
- Manages the Community Data Snapshots (CDS) project, which summarizes and communicates select demographic, economic, housing and transportation datasets at local geographies for municipal and neighborhood partners.
- Aids in data development projects which support agency socioeconomic forecast and modeling activities, including but not limited to: land use and development monitoring, employment estimation, and U.S. Census operations and products.
- Maintains CMAP’s role as a Census State Data Center (SDC) coordinating agency, serving as primary contact/liaison with state lead agency. Coordinates agency efforts to support the SDC program in the areas of municipal outreach, new geography delineation, data dissemination, and public promotion of Census activities.
- Conducts or leads complex analyses and investigations using GIS, scripting, statistical analysis, and other innovative techniques related to large urban datasets to inform internal and external decisions. Conducts advanced work to automate the production of data tables, maps, graphs, and other business intelligence products for a variety of audiences.
- Writes technical reports on demographic trends and projections for public consumption.
- Attends internal department meetings and internal and external committee meetings, outreach events, and workshops as assigned. Participates in other project teams as needed.