General Overview of the Position
Responsible for research and analysis of proposed development projects and assessment of city plans within the range of current planning implementation and comprehensive planning strategies. Assists the Emergency Management Division with the overall coordination of survival activities within the City of New Berlin in an on-call 24/7 basis as necessary. This position serves as the primary backup for the Emergency Management Manager. Will serve as the primary point of contact for all public relations activities relative to emergency management activities and maintain a high level of daily situational awareness.
Examples of Essential Duties
- Analyzes proposed Planning projects, suggests appropriate action and contacts developers, citizens and staff members.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in staffing and monitoring the department’s Permit Counter and Planner Phone Line.
- Prepares in-depth staff reports and makes presentations to Plan Commission, Community Development Authority, Common Council, Architecture Review Committee and citizen groups.
- Performs field inspections to verify land information and form accurate representations of the physical and man-made environment; coordinates with the Geographic Information Systems personnel to maintain continuity and accuracy of data bases.
- Develops requests for proposals, evaluates bids, negotiates and administers contracts, prepares detailed recommendations and reports and makes presentations.
- Provides initial contact with public regarding application processing; receives processes and reviews applications for completeness and ensures compliance to regulations.
- Coordinates with Chamber of Commerce, SEWRPC, WEDC, WE Energies, WEDA, Waukesha County Business Alliance etc., for business and property relocation and promotional materials creation and distribution.
- Provides staff support to the Code Committee in coordination of Zoning Code updates.
- Facilitate a variety of focus group meetings and open houses for current and long range planning projects and initiatives.
- Prepares updates to the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Prepares and creates planning and urban design projects, as assigned.
Deadline to apply is November 15th, 2022.Read the full article at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/newberlinwi/jobs/3764630/principal-planner-emergency-management-coordinator?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs