The Placemaking and Outreach Director is a unique opportunity to strategize and lead the placemaking and engagement strategies for a nonprofit organization leading the revitalization of Milwaukee’s waterfront by connecting people to a neglected industrial space, supporting a healthy business community, and improving the quality of the district’s natural environment.
This full-time position will lead the efforts to inform and engage nearby residents, community members, businesses and other stakeholders to ensure people use, relate to and experience how waterfronts work – environmentally, economically, and socially – for the next century. This position manages a variety of projects and programs including public events. The position reports to the CEO and supervises an Operations Associate.
- Build relationships to devise and implement programs and strategies that reinforce community and business connections to the Harbor District to meet the organizational vision and goals;
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities for programs, including preparing grant proposals and reports, and managing grant budgets;
- Conceptualize and execute events that support the organization’s engagement goals, including Harbor Fest;
- Lead and grow the Neighborhood Advisory Committee, a resident group engaged in Harbor District initiatives;
- Establish and nurture relationships with and between property owners and businesses to catalyze the unique sense of place including executing business specific events tailored from business input;
- Manage the community input process and outreach activities to increase the visibility of the organization within the community, establishing relationships with target populations to demonstrate advancement of projects and initiatives important to a flourishing District.