As a Community Planner at NCPC, the incumbent’s typical duties and responsibilities leading up to the full performance level of this position will include:
- Proposes resolutions to planning and urban design issues; and prepares technical planning reports, physical plans, and recommendations on plan and project proposals related to planning topics, such as: urban design, land use, zoning, transportation, security, commemoration, and equitable and sustainable development to address current problems, opportunities, and provide guidance for future development.
- Prepares and presents recommendations to the Commission, executive staff, project stakeholders and other audiences; and represents NCPC during project negotiation efforts and coordination with applicants and other federal and local partners.
- Applies best practices, NCPC legislative authorities, procedures, plans, policies, and project guidelines in compliance with Executive Orders, Federal Laws, the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) when reviewing, preparing, and presenting plans, projects, and reports.
- Performs comprehensive research and analysis in the form of data collection, mapping, extensive writing, and two- and three-dimensional graphic planning, using an array of written and digital resources and design technologies to devise technical planning reports, proposals, plans, policies, and recommendations.
- Maintains positive, collaborative relationships with interagency and interdisciplinary team members and representatives from federal and local agencies to coordinate and consult on the research, planning, and design of projects in the National Capital Region (NCR), including any related urban planning and design issues.
- Advises federal, regional, and local applicants on plans, policies, and procedures in coordination with other offices, federal and District entities, and representatives of the public.
Final Day to apply: November 8th, 2022
Hiree is an alumni from URPLRead the full article at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/679794900