Job overview and requirements
Are you the type of person who specializes in building policy and technology, especially as it applies to transitioning buildings off fossil fuels and onto clean, renewable electricity? Are you passionate about developing community-driven strategies to solve climate change and increase affordability in the Midwest building sector? Are you interested in equitable solutions to big structural problems? Do you want to play a leadership role in developing an equitable and diverse Midwestern coalition aimed at advancing affordable homes and businesses that are free of climate change-causing air pollution? Are you entrepreneurial and able to pick up projects to make them your own and/or co-develop projects with partners?
The Midwest Building Decarbonization Coalition (Midwest BDC) via Fresh Energy is hiring for a Manager of Building Policy and Technology contractor to play a lead role in developing strategy and resources in support of local, state, and regional advocates seeking to advance policy and technology solutions to decarbonize buildings, centering equity in the work to reduce energy burden and emissions from the Midwestern building sector. This is an initial 12-month contract, with the goal of transitioning to a full-time staff position as funding is secured. We’re looking for an individual who is:
· Knowledgeable about building policy (local and state level), building technology, utility regulation, and advocacy issues within the housing, community development, and/or building sector.
· Passionate about equitable coalition building and change-making,
· Eager to embrace and create opportunities,
· Competent at navigating multiple decision-making arenas and inspiring diverse stakeholders,
· Entrepreneurial, and
· Results-oriented in both team and individual settings.
We enthusiastically welcome all candidates to apply. The Midwest BDC is committed to fostering diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age and life experience, creed, religion, class, nationality, language, and physical and mental capability.
If this sounds like you, read on here!