Hiring a student hourly for summer 2020 with possibility of continuing into Fall 2020 to help with social and policy research on grasslands and transitions to managed grazing and savannah. 20-40 hours/week. Pay starting at $15/hour for an undergraduate or higher for a graduate student. All work will be conducted remotely from home by phone/internet.
- understand catalysts and barriers for change toward grasslands, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry
- conducting and categorizing interviews with decision-makers and farmers
- conducting literature review, content analysis of news articles, policy documents, public hearings
- writing policy briefs and webpage text for outreach for those considering transitions to managed grazing
- research and writing about federal, state, county policy and how they shape farm and farmer experiences
- research on grass-based and conventional milk and beef in the upper Midwest
Preference for students with real-world experience in policy, agriculture, forestry, or other relevant experience. Please send a cover letter, resume including GPA, and contact information for 3 references in ONE single PDF to me by email.