Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission is a public planning agency that serves an eight-county area in Northeast Wisconsin. This region has 185 total local units of government, 5,433 square miles, 400 miles of coastline, and is home to 594,728 residents. The Commission’s offices are located in Green Bay. For more information, including a full job description and an application, visit the website at: https://baylakerpc.org/ The right candidate for this Planner II position will have a working knowledge of the principles and practices of planning; knowledge of federal and state planning programs and appropriate regulations and guidelines; strong customer service skills; experience in report preparation, grant writing, and administration; ability to make public presentations; ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, public officials and others; and good professional judgment. Work would be performed under the general direction of the Assistant Director or Executive Director.
Starting annual salary range for this position starts at a 6-month probationary salary of $53,418 that leads to $56,120 after successful completion of probation, with possible future performance-based increases. The starting salary is negotiable based on level of experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university in the field of regional planning, urban planning, economic development, geography, environmental science, or other planning specialty and a minimum of two years of responsible planning experience; or possession a Master’s degree applicable to the planning function and one year experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge.
• Ability to independently manage various types of planning projects from start to finish, including project financial management and contract compliance.
• Is comfortable working directly with local units of governments, groups and individuals, as well as speaking in public.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
• Experience with geographic information systems (GIS), the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), or Sketchup is desirable.
• Valid driver’s license.
To obtain an application, visit the Commission’s website at: https://baylakerpc.org/ or contact the Commission at (920) 448-2820.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to the Commission at BLRPCadmin@baylakerpc.org or mail to: Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission, 425 S. Adams Street, Suite 201, Green Bay, WI 54301. Position will remain open until filled. The Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employ