LANDLORD OUTREACH COORDINATOR – HOUSING MOBILITY
SALARY RANGE: $42,000 – $45,000 Annually
CLOSING DATE OF JOB POSTING: Apply on or before 5:00 p.m. January 3, 2020
This position is responsible for identifying and recruiting new landlords in low-poverty areas of the region for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Housing Mobility Counseling program and support landlords participating in the program. The position is also responsible for assisting in the development of the HCV Mobility Counseling program. The individual must be skilled in written and verbal communications, able to interact with Housing Authority staff, landlords and participants, a self-starter and must operate independently.
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position would normally be gained through experience in Real Estate, Rental Management, Social Work, Business and/or Public Administration or a related field. Knowledge of the Housing Choice Voucher program is a plus.
- Ability to assist in the development of following: landlord outreach plan, data system to track participants and program outcomes, and updating the data periodically.
- Skill in conducting landlord briefings and participate in regional events to encourage landlord participation and recruit new landlords and units into the HCV Housing Mobility Counseling program, identify and recommend properties in under-served opportunity areas throughout the Milwaukee region, prepare and update communications to landlords and participants, coordinate unit referrals and leasing activities with clients, communicate with property owners and participants to help resolve landlord complaints, facilitate and conduct the rent increase process and regularly update internal tracking databases.
- Ability to use the internet to research and obtain information related to available rental housing, familiarity with the Milwaukee-area rental housing market, and work with tracking spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a diverse clientele, act as a representative to the public, excellent client service, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position with minimal direction and complete work tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
- Bilingual speakers are a plus.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.