Connetics Transportation Group, Inc. (CTG) is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to qualified candidates to join our transit service planning practice as a Planner I in our Atlanta or Chicago offices. Who We Are CTG is a transportation planning firm focused on improving the way communities move. While we are most well-known for our expertise in transit operations and service planning, our multi-disciplinary team of planners, schedulers, modelers, and data scientists brings a wealth of experience solving complex problems across all facets of the mobility spectrum. We pride ourselves on developing data-driven solutions that are practical, implementable, and above all, community-inspired.
About the Position
As a member of our transit service planning team, the Planner I supports a wide range of projects including comprehensive operational analyses and system redesigns, transit development plans, corridor studies for major capital investment projects, and other short and long-range service planning studies. Examples of tasks you will accomplish on any given day include designing transit routes and developing service plans, creating travel time models for new fixed guideway projects, or analyzing various datasets to formulate service recommendations. As a small firm, we are uniquely suited to provide ample opportunity for on-the-job learning and career development.
Our most successful planners are adept at utilizing a variety of analytical tools and methods to solve complex problems in the mobility space. Below are our desired qualifications for this role.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, public administration, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
• One to three years of experience in transit/transportation planning, transit scheduling, and/or engineering (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ArcGIS.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
(While not required to apply, experience in one or more of the following skillsets is highly desired)
• Desktop Publishing / Graphic Design: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Transit Scheduling: Trapeze and/or HASTUS software
• Data Analysis: Advanced Excel, Access, R, or Python
• Data Visualization: Tableau, R Shiny, PowerBI CTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate Planner I in the subject line. For additional information about CTG, please visit us at www.ctgconsult.com