1000 Friends of Wisconsin is hiring a transportation policy analyst.
The analyst will plan and manage the organization’s transportation program that advocates for Wisconsin’s transportation and land use decision-making to reduce carbon emissions, provide equitable economic benefits and protect natural resources.
The role’s main responsibilities are:
- Help develop legislative priorities and policies to reform Wisconsin’s transportation system.
- Advise communities around the state on improving their transportation systems to be safer, more inclusive and cleaner.
- Work with statewide coalitions on campaigns to reduce carbon emissions from the transportation system.
- Continue to do in-house research and publish reports to advance smart transportation policy.
- Maintain relationships with key media contacts and appear on media channels to promote our work.
- Serve as needed on committees and leadership teams aligned with our mission.
- Update transportation related social media.
- Help identify foundations and granting organizations to bring in new revenue for the organization’s transportation program.
Some travel required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Email Deb Nemeth at email@example.com to express interest.